Friday, July 22, 2016

I Found Him Like This Last Night

KKK's David Duke:  "Couldn't have said it better" than Trump.
From Vox:
His speech tonight invoked a nightmarish American hellscape that doesn't actually exist. His promise to restore order made him sound like the aspiring strongman his critics fear him to be. "I have a message for all of you: the crime and violence that today afflicts our nation will soon come to an end," he said. "Beginning on January 20th 2017, safety will be restored."

Of course not much is ever new. The Republicans have been playing footsy with racists for over 75 years, and all the time using the "law and order" label.

July 12, 1964. "Ku Klux Klan members supporting Barry Goldwater's campaign for the presidential nomination at the Republican National Convention, San Francisco, California, as an African American man pushes signs back."

Source.

3 comments:

Rick said...

Policy differences aside, my biggest beef with Trump is how he has hijacked our political process and forced us to pay attention to his massive ego.

lucypup2009@gmail.com said...

What a depressing vision that man has of America, past, present and future. There are times when what he says about my fellow citizens (Mexican, black, Muslim, women...pretty much anyone who isn't a white male) has made me physically ill. Sick to my stomach. I'm amazed that the R establishment was so incompetent to let this...thing... happen. I am not enough of a partisan to think that this is a good thing. We need (at least) two healthy functioning parties for the system to work as it should.

PipedreamFarm said...

I think we now need a true 3rd party, a moderate party to fill the void that the current partys have left as they continue to move away from the center

I once thought a 3rd party would make our government disfunctional but now it would make no difference