Monday, April 10, 2017

Invaded by Bird Dogs



It was cold Sunday morning -- 50 degrees -- warming to 70 degrees by the end of the day, so I hit a spot near the river and canal I do not normally go to with the dogs.  The water table here was, as I suspected, too high for groundhogs and other ground denning creatures.

As I came out of the hedge after an hour or so,, I found myself surrounded by folks from the North American Versatile Hunting Dog Association. Not expecting that!

There's a few hundred acres of field dog training land here, but I have only seen a few people ever out on it, and certainly no one in these numbers, with penned quail in tow.

All good, but as I left, I was amused to see this sign next to the place where they were having a cookout. I suppose a field trial is not exactly dog training, is it?

No comments: